“Timing is everything, in education as in many other fields. It’s not enough to teach well. You have to teach well to kids who are ready to learn, kids who are developmentally ‘ripe’ for learning.”
- Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax

Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Icing on the Cake by Elodia Strain

This is my first post for the Summer Reading Thing over at LDS Publisher. I don't usually review books, I just like to read the books and leave it at that. But I'll give it a go. :)

The Icing on the Cake
by Elodia Strain is a fun, clean chick-lit. It is written by an LDS author, but the church is only mentioned a couple of times, and I really think that anyone would love and enjoy this book! It's so refreshing to be able to read a fun chick-lit without having to worry about bad language or provocative relationships.

Annabelle Pleasanton is such a funny and lovable character. I was seriously laughing within the first few pages of the book, and continued to laugh and cry right along with Annabelle as she dealt with her job, her best friend getting engaged, and a cute new love interest. I had a hard time putting this book down and enjoyed it to the last page. I even went to the store that same day and bought the sequel, because I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. That's saying a lot because I hardly ever buy books, I usually just get them at the library. I have already read the sequel, I was really that excited about it, but I'll save that post for another day. :)

2 comments:

LDS_Publisher said...

Thanks for the review!

Anna Maria Junus said...

This sounds like a fun book. So many books, so little time - and money.