“Timing is everything, in education as in many other fields. It’s not enough to teach well. You have to teach well to kids who are ready to learn, kids who are developmentally ‘ripe’ for learning.”
- Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax

Thursday, June 4, 2009

BTT: Sticky

"This can be a quick one. Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.”

These are the first ones that came to mind. These books have all stuck with me for different reasons. Some I grew up reading, so they will always be a part of my life. Some have taught me important lessons, or helped me to make major changes in my life. Others just have stories or characters that I will never forget!

1. The Book of Mormon
2. Holy Bible (King James Version)
3. A Thomas Jefferson Education by Oliver Van DeMille
4. Dumbing us Down by John Taylor Gatto
5. Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke
6. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
7. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
8. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
9. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
10. Little Britches by Ralph Moody
11. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
12. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
13. The Shepherd of the Hills by Harold Bell Wright
14. The Walking Drum by Louis L'Amour
15. Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry

No comments: