- Reading something frivolous? Or something serious? Usually something frivolous, but I always have a serious book on the side.
- Paperbacks? Or hardcovers? Hardcover
- Fiction? Or Nonfiction? Fiction
- Poetry? Or Prose? Prose
- Biographies? Or Autobiographies? Autobiographies
- History? Or Historical Fiction? Historical fiction
- Series? Or Stand-alones? Series
- Classics? Or best-sellers? Classics
- Lurid, fruity prose? Or straight-forward, basic prose? Straight-forward, basic prose.
- Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness? Plots, but I really enjoy books written in 1st person.
- Long books? Or Short? Somewhere in the middle.
- Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated? I like classics that have illustrations in them, it helps me understand the characters and setting better.
- Borrowed? Or Owned? Borrowed from the library.
- New? Or Used? Usually used.
“Timing is everything, in education as in many other fields. It’s not enough to teach well. You have to teach well to kids who are ready to learn, kids who are developmentally ‘ripe’ for learning.”
- Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Which do you prefer? (Quick answers–we’ll do more detail at some later date)