“Timing is everything, in education as in many other fields. It’s not enough to teach well. You have to teach well to kids who are ready to learn, kids who are developmentally ‘ripe’ for learning.”
- Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax

Friday, May 22, 2009

Pasta Making

I have been horrible about blogging lately. When I started this blog I had so many ideas of things I would talk about on my blog, but that just hasn't happened. My schedule has been all out of whack lately and I haven't been getting nearly as much accomplished as I would like to. I'm past due on my six month inventory, which I know would really help me to get things back in focus.

One fun thing we did recently was break out the pasta machine! My husband got me this pasta machine a few years ago, and it seriously has just been sitting in the cupboard ever since. I've been trying to go more natural with most things lately, so I finally decided to try making pasta. It was way easier than I thought it would be and it turned out great!

Gage had a lot of fun helping me, too! He actually did most of the work for me, because he loved turning the handle. It was fun to make, and more exciting to eat knowing we made it from scratch. And I'm sure this counts as some kind of educational class for Gage. ;)

No comments: