“Timing is everything, in education as in many other fields. It’s not enough to teach well. You have to teach well to kids who are ready to learn, kids who are developmentally ‘ripe’ for learning.”
- Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax

Thursday, May 14, 2009

BTT: Gluttony

Book Gluttony! Are your eyes bigger than your book belly? Do you have a habit of buying up books far quicker than you could possibly read them? Have you had to curb your book buying habits until you can catch up with yourself? Or are you a controlled buyer, only purchasing books when you have run out of things to read?

I hardly ever buy books at full price. My problem is with thrift stores and library sales. I just can't pass up a great price on a book, especially one that is a classic. I have a lot of books I have bought from the library that I still haven't read. I am in such a habit of reading books from the library, that I rarely read a book from my own bookshelves. It's kind of pathetic really. When I see a book I want to read at the library, I think that I have to check it out right away, because it might not be available next time. So it's just a cycle of me constantly checking out books I think might be good, and hardly ever reading the great books I have at home!

No comments: