“Timing is everything, in education as in many other fields. It’s not enough to teach well. You have to teach well to kids who are ready to learn, kids who are developmentally ‘ripe’ for learning.”
- Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax

Thursday, March 12, 2009

BTT: Movie Potential

What book do you think should be made into a movie? And do you have any suggestions for the producers?

I think that The Walking Drum and The Lonesome Gods, both by Louis L'Amour, would both make fantastic movies. It was so hard for me to imagine what the world was like in The Walking Drum, and I think it would be amazing to see it visually. They probably won't ever make a movie though, because L'Amour never got to write the sequel to the book. I wouldn't be upset if they changed the ending though, so that it would be more conclusive.

I also would like to see a good version of Jane Eyre. I read the book a while ago, and so far have watched three different movies - and I haven't been very fond of any of them. Some were very faithful to the book, but they also made me want to snore. The others made unnecessary changes to the story line, or were just way too long. I personally love the newer version that they did of Pride and Prejudice. I know they had to make changes so that it could be a regular length film, but I loved the feel of that movie - they really captured the essence of the book. I wish they would make a movie of Jane Eyre that is similar to that - with beautiful music, cinematography, and acting - and one that I wouldn't need to set aside 6 hours to watch.

No comments: