“Timing is everything, in education as in many other fields. It’s not enough to teach well. You have to teach well to kids who are ready to learn, kids who are developmentally ‘ripe’ for learning.”
- Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Vegetarian?!

My husband, Kyle, has been changing his diet lately. First he stopped eating sweets, and then he decided he is only going to eat meat about 4 times a year, and most recently he decided he doesn't want to eat cheese anymore. So this presents a dilemma because I'm not that great of a cook to begin with, so how am I supposed to cook now that I have all these restrictions?! It's also hard for me because I am trying to be supportive, but I'm not at the point where I am willing to make all of these changes myself and I don't want the kids to have such a restricted diet either.

Anyway, I made my first meal with tofu today! It actually turned out alright. It was an "unbeef stew". Kyle seemed to like it. I actually didn't mind the tofu, it just had too much pepper in it, which Kyle didn't even notice because he adds like a tablespoon of hot sauce to everything he eats! Gage wasn't a big fan. He did eat some of it, but mostly wanted to eat the rolls! He said he was going to have five rolls, but after two rolls we told him that if he really wanted another roll he had to finish his soup. He contemplated it for a few minutes and then said "I'm all done eating". So he forfeit the right to more rolls because he didn't want to eat anymore soup. Needless to say, cooking is going to be an adventure for us for the next little while. I hope I can find some decent recipes, and oh how I love cheese, whatever will I do? Ha ha... :)

No comments: