“Timing is everything, in education as in many other fields. It’s not enough to teach well. You have to teach well to kids who are ready to learn, kids who are developmentally ‘ripe’ for learning.”
- Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax

Monday, July 25, 2011

Preschool?

I love this article from Dr. Laura about why You Don't Need Preschool for Your Kids.  There is really no need to push little kids to learn, they will learn so much just from playing and exploring.  I'm so glad that I've learned this fact.  My oldest son has always been a really fast learner, he has an amazing memory.  My three year old doesn't know a lot of things that his older brother knew at 3 years old, but I'm totally okay with that.  He learns differently and has different priorities.  I have been blessed over the past 4 years that we have been homeschooling to see that my kids thrive much better in a stable home environment where they are free to learn the things they are passionate about.  They aren't pushed to learn things too early, and I love it! :)