“Timing is everything, in education as in many other fields. It’s not enough to teach well. You have to teach well to kids who are ready to learn, kids who are developmentally ‘ripe’ for learning.”
- Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax

Thursday, February 26, 2009

BTT: Collectibles

Hardcover? Or paperback?
Illustrations? Or just text?
First editions? Or you don’t care?
Signed by the author? Or not?

Most of these things don't really matter to me. If it is a favorite book I like to get it in a hardback, because of it's durability. I have never been to an author signing, but it would be fun to do sometime. I have one or two books that were signed, but it doesn't really make a difference to me. The only kind of books I really am "collecting" are classics. I try to find them in hardbacks, but it doesn't matter to me if they have illustrations, if they are a first edition, or if they are signed. As long as I can read the book, I'm happy. :)

1 comment:

Shimmy Mom said...

I agree, I just want a good story and to own it, but I must admit that if it's off ebay or brand new, I won't buy it unless its hardcover. The only time I buy paperback are the good ones from the DI, you can't beat $2.00.

*hugs*