“Timing is everything, in education as in many other fields. It’s not enough to teach well. You have to teach well to kids who are ready to learn, kids who are developmentally ‘ripe’ for learning.”
- Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax

Thursday, January 1, 2009

BTT: Resolutions

Any Reading Resolutions? Say, specific books you plan to read? A plan to read more ____? Anything at all? Name at least ONE thing you’re looking forward to reading this year!

This year I am going to read more classics. I have been trying to read them this past year and have several under my belt, but I would like to add to my list. Some classics are hard for me to get through and take more determination on my part.

I would also like to complete the TJED 5 Pillar reading list. I don't plan on certifying or anything, but it's a list of books I've always wanted to read and they will help in my own education and that of my children.

I am looking forward to reading Emma and also Persuasion by Jane Austen. I recently got both of those books and have never read them before, so I'm excited to read them and then watch the movies. :)

No comments: