“Timing is everything, in education as in many other fields. It’s not enough to teach well. You have to teach well to kids who are ready to learn, kids who are developmentally ‘ripe’ for learning.”
- Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax

Thursday, December 4, 2008

BTT: Five Questions


1. Do you have a favorite author?
I have several favorites. At the top of the list is probably Janette Oke. Her stories are so simple, but they are touching and I love the relationships she creates and the values she teaches.

2. Have you read everything he or she has written?
I actually have read every book written by her. I think the only other authors who's books I have read all of is Dan Brown and Stephenie Meyer, and that's not too hard since they each haven't written very many so far. ;)

3. Did you LIKE everything?
I have liked all of her books. There are some that I like more than others, and that I will reread many times throughout my life. The Love Comes Softly series, and The Bluebird and the Sparrow are some of my favorites. I probably won't read some of her other books again. I did like them, but they just didn't touch me the same way. And there are so many new books to read, I don't reread a book unless I really love it.

4. How about a least favorite author?
I can't really think of a least favorite. If I start a book that has a lot of profanity or is inappropriate, I usually won't read any more books by that author. Also, I have a love/hate relationship with Nicolas Sparks. I really like his style of writing, and his characters, but I hate that someone always has to die. I haven't read any of his books in a while because it is just hard for me. I like healing books that have happy endings.

5. An author you wanted to like, but didn’t?
I can't think of a specific author. I want to like books that are more deep and profound and theological, but I have a hard time reading that kind of stuff. It's an appreciation that I am working towards gaining.

No comments: