“Timing is everything, in education as in many other fields. It’s not enough to teach well. You have to teach well to kids who are ready to learn, kids who are developmentally ‘ripe’ for learning.”
- Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Welcome to My Own Little Corner!

So I decided to start this new blog. I have another blog that is more of a photo album and journal that my family and friends visit. I wanted to be able to talk more about my kids education, my husband's diet, and the books I read, and I wanted to feel more comfortable getting involved with other people's public blogs. I didn't really feel like my other blog was the right place for all of those things, so now I have this one!

I copied a few things from my old blog that I felt were relevant to this page, so the older posts are kind of random.

I'm going to have a "daily food for thought", more for me than anyone else. I do a lot of reading, but sometimes I let it just go in one ear and out the other. This will help me to think more about the things I am reading and it will help to try and find something of value to share with other people.

Well, I hope you enjoy this blog. ;)

No comments: