“Timing is everything, in education as in many other fields. It’s not enough to teach well. You have to teach well to kids who are ready to learn, kids who are developmentally ‘ripe’ for learning.”
- Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax

Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight Tag

I found this Twilight Tag on another blog and thought it would be fun to do! We just saw the movie on Saturday and I thought it was great. :)

Who introduced you to the books? My mother in law gave me Twilight for Christmas last year. I had never even heard of it before then! I read the first book super fast. Checked the other two out of the library (we lived in Missouri at the time so there wasn't a big demand) and read them quick also. I usually don't want to follow the crowd, but I can't deny when I like a book and can't put it down!

What character would you most compare yourself to? Well, I guess Bella. lol. I don't mind being being on my own like her and her dad. I'm all about true love and seeing the best in people. I'm not the greatest at sports, I've had my moments of clumsiness - but not as bad as her.

What character would others say you are? Well, my husband says that we are just like Bella and Edward. lol, minus the blood diet, the super fast speed, the ice cold pale skin, the amber eyes, etc. haha. He did write a song for me when we first started dating, and we are going to be together forever. And he is a real vegetarian. :)

Team Edward or Team Jacob? Of course Team Edward! Jacob is a nice enough guy, but Bella is obviously meant to be with Edward.

Favorite car mentioned in the book? I like all the stuff about Rosalie's BMW convertible. It's just funny how much it bugs Edward and how "ostentatious" he thinks it is.

How many times have you read Twilight? Twice - once on my own, and then I read it to my husband.

Favorite quote from the book? I lent the book out, so I can't give you exact quotes...I like the one where he says "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" but the part after that is funny - something like "what a stupid lamb" "what a sick masochistic lion". I also like "You are my life now"

If you could have one of the powers the Cullens have what would it be and why? I like Jasper's ability to sense other people's emotions and change the emotional atmosphere in a room. I guess it would be nice to be award of how others are feeling and be able to help them.

What is your favorite part in Twilight? Probably the meadow. It's such an important part to the relationship's development.

Favorite Cullen sibling? I love Emmett. I just think he is hilarious.

Phoenix or Forks? I'd probably go with Forks. I like smaller towns better, and I don't like intense heat and sweating all of the time. I'd rather wear warmer clothes anyway and be close to the ocean.

If you were Bella and you can't have Edward what other male from the book would you pick and why? hmm, that's a toughie. I'm not a big fan of Jacob, to be honest with you. And I don't much like any of the other high school boys. I'd probably just stay single - unless one of the other Cullen's was available. ;)

Would you rather be a Vampire or Werewolf? Definitely a vampire...a vegetarian vampire. They're so beautiful and graceful. You can't help but admire the Cullens, whereas the werewolves all act like a bunch of whiny, annoying teenage boys - not my cup of tea. I definitely sympathize with Leah being stuck with that pack of werewolves.

I tag any other Twilight fans out there!

No comments: