“Timing is everything, in education as in many other fields. It’s not enough to teach well. You have to teach well to kids who are ready to learn, kids who are developmentally ‘ripe’ for learning.”
- Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax

Thursday, November 27, 2008

BTT: Thanksgiving

So–just for today–how about sharing 7 things that you’re thankful for?

1. I am grateful for my beautiful family. I have an amazing husband, and two sweet little boys who are wonderful. I feel so blessed to have them in my life, and I am continually amazed by how wonderful it is to be a wife and mother.

2. I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. It has brought so much peace and understanding to my life and I know that I would be so lost without it. I am thankful for the Savior's atoning sacrifice so that I can be forgiven of my mistakes, and I am grateful for the guidance of the Holy Ghost in all of the choices I make.

3. I am grateful that we have moved near our family. We lived 20 hours away from our family the last couple of years and that was a good experience for us, but it also made us appreciate our extended family more. I'm so glad that we live closer now so that we can spend the holiday's together and see each other more often.

4. I am grateful for the good ole USA. The freedoms that we have are an amazing blessing. I am thankful that I can worship as I choose, educate my children and myself as I desire, and that we all have the ability to make the most of our lives. We are truly blessed.

5. I am grateful for books. They are some of my best friends. I love reading about anything and everything. I'm glad that I get to share my joy of books with my children and see them developing a similar love for reading.

6. I am grateful for theatre. It has been a passion of mine for a long time. I haven't done any theatre in the last few years, but it is still something that I love. I love the emotions that are expressed, and the ability to view another time, situation, or relationship through song and dance.

7. I am grateful for all of the necessities of life that I have been blessed with. I'm grateful we have a roof over our heads, a shower to get clean in, clothes for my family, food to eat, and cars to drive. I don't have the nicest of things, but some people don't have anything at all. I'm so grateful that my basic needs are met each day.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: